Contact

Saturday 6 January 2018

Thursday, 4 January 2018 (U10.1075)

The first reading in the new year stopped at:

          “creation ....”

                    (Wandering Rocks U10.1075)

Catherine Meyer, local artist and long-standing member of the reading groups, sends this painting to illustrate one of the passages read. She writes:

I struggled with the theme: “touch me not” – noli me tangereThe first three attempts at a watercolour turned out bad and I found them simply useless. The fourth attempt, in lemon yellow and sepia, shows two hands, one of which repels Maria Magdalena on the grave of Jesus Christ with the biblical phrase noli me tangereThe other hand stands for a different kind of “touch me not”, in Irish usage also meaning “don’t ask for money”. This is one example found in this chapter for misunderstanding words and phrases.

Catherine Meyer © Zürich 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.