Contact

Monday 4 December 2017

Thursday, 30 November 2017 (end of episode 9)

The reading group has now reached the end of episode 9 “Scylla & Charybdis”.

Catherine Meyer, local artist and long-standing member of the reading groups at the Zurich Foundation, sends a picture to capture the the mood of this closing episode. She writes:

While looking out of my window into the snowy landscape I also watched attentively the little smoke coming out of my neighbour’s chimney and saw many variously shaped figures, ascending and disappearing in almost no time. This made me think of the beautiful sentence at the end of the chapter, “Frail from the housetops two plumes of smoke ascended, pluming, and in a flaw of softness softly were blown” (9.1218–20). So this became my topic for a little pastel, just a waft on the paper.

Catherine Meyer © Zürich 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.