Contact

Monday 27 February 2017

Thursday, 23 February 2017

The reading stopped at: “when was that 93” (18.555)

Catherine Meyer sends a painting to illustrate a passage from the last reading, which she describes as tricky and not all that easy to do in a group due to its intimacy and outspokenness (it mentions titties and thighs, a man's “two bags”, bodily actions etc.). For her picture she chose a description of Molly and Poldy discussing what kind of hat suits her, how much it costs and the advice he gives her while trying to buy one:

“if I went by his advices every blessed hat I put on does that suit me yes take that thats alright the one like a weddingcake standing up miles off my head he said suited me or the dishcover one coming down on my backside on pins and
needles” (18.520)

The title of the watercolour is “Molly and the dishcover wedding cake hat”.

Molly and the dishcover wedding cake hat by Catherine Meyer © Zürich 2017




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.