Contact

Monday 9 January 2017

Thursday, 5 January 2017

The reading resumed again in the new year with some of “Ithaca's” long lists. The group was lively, the reading room packed and they progressed to: all recalcitrant violators of domestic connubiality” (17.1633).

Catherine Meyer, Zurich artist and long-standing member of the reading groups, sends these visual contributions for the blog and writes:

For this painting I just had to choose a long list, describing either books or the interior or the exterior of Bloom’s imagined house. The result was a picture devoid of emotions but containing all the details mentioned in the list. Too boring. I made two other paintings with the same topic. I wasn’t successful and I didn’t like them.

So instead of going through the list again I said to myself, I have my own inspiration, and I made a watercolour depicting Bloom’s leisure activities.


Catherine Meyer © Zürich 2017

Catherine Meyer © Zürich 2017

Catherine Meyer © Zürich 2017



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.