Contact

Monday 3 October 2016

Thursday, 29 September 2016

The reading stopped at: “A friend of mine sent me” (16.471)

Catherine Meyer sends a painting she made to illustrate the last session and adds an explanatory note:

Again the picture of an interior space is set up.

As I was going through my pile of old drawings (to get some inspiration) I found a sheet of paper showing a crowd of people hanging around. Immediately I imagined the scene where Bloom and Stephen  entered the cabman’s shelter. That’s how I work. I painted over the previous scene but left the „old“ colours and some of the lines and added with strong strokes the table and the people sitting around it.

The so called cup of coffee and a roll of some description are already served – but Bloom still has to push the cup gradually nearer to Stephen so that he can take a sip. In the background the face of a streetwalker glazes through the door under a black straw hat.
Catherine Meyer © Zürich 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.