Contact

Monday 14 March 2016

Thursday, 10 March 2016

The reading of episode 14 has started and got as far as: and of the scales of these serpents they brew out a brewage like to mead” (14.159).

Note that next Thursday, 17 March, due to Fritz Senn's absence the group will not be reading but watching a film.

Catherine Meyer sends this painting for the blog with a note on the process of its making:

not understanding one thing might be a good requirement to try to paint the first few pages of “oxen of the sun”.

With no clear idea in mind I worked my way through dark colours to very shiny ones, wiped and moped till the paper got pulled to pieces, and I was not happy at all with the result.

Not understanding Joyce I looked for some explanation in Frank Budgen's James Joyce and the Making of UlyssesI wrote down two of his comments and, with this help, I fought my way through to the attached painting.

Catherine Meyer © Zürich 2016





No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.